The Nyitting or “Dreaming” literally means ‘cold time’ or ‘ancestral time’. The Noongar people know it as the ‘Creation time’, a time before time when spirits created the land and all living things.
Our smallest home, The Nyitting, is a straw bale two-bed, one-bath house with well sized spaces, great flow and excellent passive solar performance. It is a superbly comfortable home throughout all seasons. Openings are carefully positioned to optimise air-flow, keeping the home fresh at all times. Universal accessibility has been considered in detail, making this home perfect for independent living. The concrete floor is lightly polished, minimising the use of building products such as tiles and toxic tile glues. The bathroom is located to the north, with a full height window to the shower, which not only looks gorgeous but also keeps the area mould-free naturally all year round.
With 98sqm of internal living (150sqm total), The Nyitting has been specifically designed to fit a Groupie Lot at WEV, but could be utilised on any lot in the development and can be constructed out of timber, hempcrete or straw bale.
- Straw bale, recycled brick and timber frame construction
- Zincalume roofing
- uPVC double glazed windows
- Burnished concrete floors and tiled bathrooms / laundry
- Sustainability Features
- Passive solar design
- Well insulated, thermally efficient home
- Low embodied energy materials (carbon negative)
- Energy efficient heat pump hot water system
- Plumbed ready for greywater system
- Minimum 6.6kW solar PV system (not included as standard)
- Rainwater tanks and pump (not included as standard)